You Will Never Know Unless You Try

Posted on November 25, 2007 by Hye

Do you agree?

I can't exactly remember the first person who quoted me the quote above. It could be my mom, grandpa, a friend, or a teacher. I dunno (shrug). Whoever that person was, I owe him or her. The line above served as one of my mottos in life. Whenever I want to try something but I have second thoughts, I just remind myself "You'll never know unless you try". It made me optimistic toward something.

It made me try and give my best to whatever I do. And when I fail to that something, I just say "At least I tried".

I know there are a lot of people who are scared to try something because they are afraid of failure. Or maybe, they are afraid of the word "no". But how can you know how something feels like if you don't try.

How could you know the feeling of being successful if you don't give a try?

How could you know that a person loves you if you don't ask him or her?

How could you know the answer if you won't seek for it?

How could you...? etc... etc...

Life is a risk. I think we all know that. So what's keeping us from not doing what we want to do? Life is too short to waste that for having second thoughts. Who knows? Maybe that thing is the best for you. You will never know unless you try, right? :D