Your Life Is Your Decision

Posted on January 19, 2008 by Hye

Ever come to the point where you blamed someone - say your parents - for whatever bad happened in your life? Let's say, you’re unsuccessful because they keep on telling you what you should do with your life. They were the one who choose your college degree, choose your friends, or choose your outfit, etc. You may not blame them verbally, but at least mentally.

Can you relate? Maybe you have a different situation in mind, but these are the only scenario I can cite right now.

Your Life Is Your DecisionHonestly, I used to blame my parents – as I say earlier not verbally, but mentally. I have great respect to my parents but sometimes, I just can’t help myself not to blame them for choosing my college degree. Actually, it's not “swearing”, just simple blaming. No hate – plainly blaming.

But that was before - that was when I was younger where I have a shallow understanding in life. But as I get to know more about life and reality, I no longer blame them. I grow more mature. I began thinking “What’s the use of blaming? Why am I blaming them? It’s not their fault. It’s mine.”

That’s right. You may agree or disagree with me but it’s my point of view.

In my opinion, whatever happening in your life is your decision. You are what you are. Your life is the product of your decision. If you took a college degree chosen by your parents, it’s because you choose to follow them. You may admit it or not, it is still your decision – one way or another.

So why do you blame them? Why not blame yourself? It kills me when I am hearing someone blaming his parents because of being poor. If your parents choose to be poor, it doesn’t mean you will be poor too. You can choose to be rich. The decision is yours. Your parents did not send you to school so there is no way for you to become rich? If there are some poor people who weren’t sent to school yet they are rich right now, then why can’t you?

Remember, your life is your decision. It’s up to you if you decide to stay that way or move from your “familiar zone”.