Love Thy Neighbor

Posted on January 28, 2008 by Hye

Love Thy NeighborYou Comment I Follow Two of the Ten Commandments are pertaining about loving our neighbors.

9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10. You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.

When I was about seven years old or younger, I remember that we were so close with our neighbors, which some of them happened to be our keen family too. But as time passes by, things get different. Hatred and jealousy started to grow the gap between us until it came to the point where we no longer talk to each other. Why? Both sides have their own reasons.. and sometimes silence is the best way so as not to worsen the gap.

Honestly, the gap is only between our grandparents, but due to some point... my parents, aunts, cousins were also affected... until it came to the point that no one is already talking.

Now, where is the statement "Love thy neighbor" applies. Right now where I am living away from my family, I don't neither like my new neighbors. I hate it when their karaoke is too loud early in the morning. I hate it when I am watching a movie, but their karaoke is noisier. I hate it when their karaoke is too loud late in the evening. I hate it when the couples are quarreling as if they were the only people on Earth. I also hate it when their child is crying and no one is comforting him.

Just wanna share you guys how I don't like my neighbor. Right now, their karaoke is too loud and I can't concentrate with what I am doing. Where is the love???!