Stop... You Can't Do It!!!

Posted on February 21, 2008 by Hye

Stop SignStop... You Can't Do This, You Can't Do That!!!

Had somebody ever told you the lines above? Your parents? Siblings? Close friends? Mentors? Or somebody you are not even close with?

I am sure you did. Because I use to hear those words too... not from my family, but from some people I am not even close with... just acquaintances ;(

Assuming somebody told you those words right now (not from me for sure), how would you feel or react? Frustrated? Disappointed? Down? Demoralized? Or motivated?

I would choose the last word. Motivated. As I said earlier, some people told me about things I can't do... and sometimes I feel frustrated and irritated knowing those people are not even close to me. Not frustrated in a way I get down, I feel frustrated thinking "Who are you? Are we close?" I guess I am lucky because I have a very supportive family. They support me all the way, and never told me those lines. I am frustrated because those people who don't know me well tell me those words.

I think they are just being negative or they tend to put me down. Crab mentality, I guess.

As I said, every time I hear those lines, I get motivated because they just gave me a reason to show them I can do it. I know myself well. It is only me who knows me - on what I can do and what I can't. Not them or even my family.

Every time I hear those lines, I just laugh and continue to work towards my dreams and passion.

The point here is that "No one should be hindering you from your success. If you think you can do it, go for it without minding what other people may say. You have to know that it's your life, not theirs. The only one who knows most about your potential is you and yourself".