My Opinion on New Year's Resolution

Posted on January 1, 2008 by Hye

Happy New Year Everyone!!! Since this is my very first post for the Year 2008, let me share my opinion about New Year's Resolution. I know most bloggers already shared their say about New Year's Resolution a bit earlier than me. Honestly, it was really my decision to post an article about this topic today - the first day of the year 2007.

When I was just a child, my parents always remind me about my New Year's Resolution every New Year's Eve. During grade schools, my teachers always remind us to write our New Year's Resolution in a piece of paper and instruct us to read it in front of our class every first class after New Year. As a child and student, I always make sure to make this assignment.

That time, I love and always look forward for my New Year's Resolution because it was exciting and fun.

But those were the childhood days... Now, as a mature person, I no longer practice New Year's Resolution. It's not that I am missing out its fun and excitement. It’s because I believe that if you want to change something in your life, you have to change it right away. You don't have to wait for the New Year's Eve to change yourself to become a better person. If you think you are doing something wrong in your life, change it as soon as possible. I think in terms of the day's resolutions, not the year's.

It is good to have a New Year's Resolution because it means that you are willing to change yourself to be a better person for the new year. You are willing to change your bad habits and have a fresh start. But isn't it better if you change yourself to be a better person immediately, at any day of the month or any time of the day?

What is your stand about New Year's resolution?