My Motto In Life: First Things First

Posted on March 5, 2008 by Hye

PriorityFirst things first.

What does this statement mean? I bet some of you reading this post may not exactly know... some may heard this line for the very first time... or maybe you've heard it already but never gave any second thought at all.

If you've heard this line before and know what it means, then you are a great person. I am sure.

Honestly, the first time I heard the phrase First things first in a book, I did not give a second thought on it. It was another phrase that has no meaning for me... but again, I learned that this phrase has a meaning.

Actually, first things first is one of my mottos in life. First things first means you should know your priorities and work for it one at a time. When you try to do things all at once, there is a big possibility that you will not finish all your tasks... and possibly most of your work will lack quality. First things first makes me stay focused with my priorities. This motto helps
manage my time wisely. When I have a lot of things to do, I just think about this motto and I can make everything settled... at the right time.

Now, do you know your priorities? How do you work it out - one at a time or all at once?