How To Be Happy For Real?

Posted on May 15, 2008 by Hye

How To Be Happy For RealHow do you search for happiness and contentment? Do you often say any of the following at least to yourself or someone else:

"I'll be happy...
...When I win the sweeptakes.
...When I get the money.
...When I have my own house and car.
...When I get this job.
...When I meet someone else.
...When I get married.
...When my problems are all gone.

C'mon, let's all be honest. I am sure there are some of you reading this post who does. I admit I used to say some of those phrases. But as I said, I used to - that was before... when I was younger... when I still don't exactly know the real meaning of happiness and joy.

To be happy, you never get to when. The only way to find happiness is to understand that happiness is not out there. It's in here - and happiness is not later, tomorrow, the next day, next week, next month. It's now.

Happiness and contentment are inside us waiting to be discovered. As stated on a famous quote “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.

Remember, you are not getting any younger. Why not be happy now? Why wait until tomorrow when you can do it now?