Crab Mentality - The Good and The Bad

Posted on June 10, 2008 by Hye

I've been thinking of creating a post about crab mentality for so long, but it's only now that I got the motivation to do so. I am so sleepy right now, but I feel obligated to update this blog and the subject about crab mentality could be a great topic. Maybe after publishing this post, I will sleep ;0

Why talk about crab mentality, you might ask? It's because this really happens in reality - in work, in school, in our homes, even in the blogosphere. I want to concentrate this post about crab mentality among bloggers, because I feel someone was pulling me down ;(

According to Wikipedia, crab mentality is a way of thinking best described by the phrase "If I can't have it, neither can you." The metaphor refers to a pot of crabs in which one tries to escape over the side, but is relentlessly pulled down by the others in the pot.

I feel so disappointed - even disgusted - knowing there are some bloggers who think as crabs. They keep on pulling booming bloggers down. Why did I said this? Just recently, someone anonymously left a comment on my other blog telling me he will keep on clicking my ads so I get suspended or banned. Whhhhaaaatttt!?!!!!

Instead of getting alarmed, I get furious instead. Why would someone do that? It's not because I am making money with the program - and this guy maybe doesn't - he got the right to do this action. Gladly, I was able to track the site and IP address of the guy who keep on clicking the advertisements of my blogs. If I get furious enough, I will do the necessary action/s.

Crab mentality is really sickening. Why would someone not let other people succeed? Instead of pulling other people, why not do something that will make them successful as well?

Crab mentality is another reality that really kicks ;( So sad, but true...