People Often See One's Mistakes

Posted on December 6, 2007 by Hye

In my opinion, it is really true that people often see one's mistakes easily rather than the good things he or she did. I think most of you agree with me. For those who don't want to agree or want to deny, then try to answer the following question :D

What do you see in this image?

Most of you reading this post may answer "a dot" or "a big black dot". If someone answered differently, then that person may be different from most of us :D

What is your answer, anyway? (You may post it at the Comments area so I may know, too.)

Anyway, when I was asked the same question for the first time, I also answered similar to those who answered "a dot". If I remember it right, I think my exact answer was "a big black dot". My former boss in my previous company was the one who asked the question during our weekly meeting. Most of my colleagues answered the same as mine.

Actually, there is no right or wrong answer in this question. What I am trying to imply here is, we normally see one's mistakes or imperfections rather than his good deeds. Let's take the image above as an example. Most of us answered "a dot". Did anyone here answer "white square"? I think there are. But only few :(