Silent Night As Sung By Kids

Posted on December 20, 2007 by Hye

Christmas is already in the air. Every night, I hear children singing Christmas carols in the neighborhood. It even made me smile when these children sing the lyrics incorrectly.

Awhile ago, while I was typing a post in my other blog, a group of kids about five years old or younger were singing the song "Silent night" incorrectly. So I thought of sharing their lyrics here in Space of Reality blog.

Here is how they sung the song:

Silent night wo-holy night;
Wol is come, Wol is bright.
Rounding Virgin Mother and child.
Holinfang so tender and mild
Sleeping tenderly piiiiisss.
Isn't it funny? I mean no offense but I can't stop smiling whenever I hear kids from my neighborhood singing Christmas carols. Though they sing the lyrics incorrectly, they hum the melody correctly. I think what matters most is we are hearing and feeling the essence of Christmas, right?

Anyway, here's the corrected lyrics of the song "Silent Night" (not the one above).
Silent night, Holy night
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon Virgin Mother and Child
Holy Infant so tender and mild
Sleep in Heavenly peace
Merry Christmas! :D